Saturday, April 9, 2011

What I'm Into Right Now

Every now and then something comes along that grabs my attention and doesn't let up.  Most of the time these things are uber-trendy for a while and then the next year when I'm digging through my closet they are the first things to go into the Goodwill pile.  Not so much because of "what was I thinking" but more like saying goodbye to a treasured piece that was with you for a season but that you have outgrown style and personality wise.  Last year, I couldn't get enough camo-green with a little bit of mock military twist thrown in for good measure.  This spring I am totally digging FAUX DENIM.  Its almost like a high school-esque crush. You know, when you are thinking about it all the time and start to notice it everywhere?  I've been seeing it in a lot of the magazines I read.  Not so much featured, but in a lot of the advertising.


So, how do we normal people interpret what the fashion industry is doing with faux denim?  Here's my take.  I have been sporting  my faux denim with jeans.  Normally I would say that is a definite no-no but it seems to be everywhere right now, denim on denim.  Just to break it up a little bit, I've been using layering.  A long sleeve, collared faux denim shirt open over a few layered ribbed tanks- so cute.  A little bit dressier ruffled faux denim short sleeve button up with a cami underneath that peeks out at the bottom would look great on anyone.


The nice thing is that blue is such a flattering color, the faux denim looks great on just about everyone.  I've seen shirts and vests in all sorts of ranges of colors, from stone wash all the way to dark wash.

Always Fabulous,

No comments:

Post a Comment