Thursday, June 23, 2011

Show off your personality with ~feathers~

I have always wanted to do something cool and different with my hair, but I've never been brave enough to actually rock a big pink streak in my hair.  I tend to be a little bit on the conservative side when it comes to changes to my look that I can't just change back quickly.  I have no tattoos, and doubt I ever will.  The wildest piercing I've ever gotten is a second hole in each ear. 

So I've been seeing something that I had to check into- feathers in your hair.  Kind of along the same lines as hair extensions, but much less expensive and far less permanent.  Most salons are hopping on the bandwagon and are doing this technique now.  It is painless and takes just a few minutes to do and is relatively inexpensive.  The best part is, if you don't like it, no big deal, it takes about 30 seconds to pop off your hair and doesn't leave behind any damage. 

A stylist will use a hook device (looks like a knitting needle, but much smaller) and place a small silicone-lined bead on a very small chunk of hair.  They will then insert the ends of the feathers into the bead and clamp it shut with a special pair of pliers.  The great thing about the feathers is that you can wash, dry, curl, and straighten them just like you would your regular hair.  Prices vary depending on the area and salon, but you can expect to spend about $10 per feather to have this done.

So if you've always admired the women who can pull of the super trendy hairstyles and wished you had the guts to try it, now is your time!  Here is what mine looks like:



No comments:

Post a Comment