Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Winning, duh!

I am feeling optimistic today.  I just paid off one of our debts.  It feels good!!  I feel pumped.  After making the payoff at the bank this afternoon, I promptly came home and whipped out one of my blank copies of DR's debt snowball form.  I filled in our new snowball and was amazed at how much it had shrunk in such a short amount of time.  I pulled out my original form when we first got serious about all of this stuff and compared the two.  On November 8th of 2010, we had eight debts that totaled $34,982.47.  Seven months later, as of today, we have four debts that total $11, 691.00.  Our debt snowball is at $815 a month and we are knocking them out left and right.  If we add no more money, we will be debt free (except our mortgage) in eleven months.  At the rate we have been going, I think it will be sooner than that.  God has been good and we have been able to pay above and beyond our "minimum" debt snowball amount almost every month.  I am still shooting for being debt free by December 31st, 2011.  It's a lofty goal, but God is good and He can do it. 

1 comment: