Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Favorite Easy Updo

Being a mom of three keeps me on my toes.  I don't have a lot of time to put into getting myself ready if I want my kids to be fed and clothed each morning before we have to get out the door.  When I'm crunched for time and my hair is a hot mess, this is my go to style.  Here are (hopefully) easy to follow directions to looking like you spent the morning making yourself beautiful when in reality you spent the morning arguing with your five year old about whether or not he could wear a cape to school.

To start, you will need a few basic supplies:  1. cute headband  2. hair tie  3.  (optional) a few random bobby pins





With your hair down the way it would naturally lay, position the headband so that the decoration is over or closest to your part.



With the hair tie around your wrist and using both hands, pull your hair back and gather it at the base of your neck and push up, creating a sort of bubble of hair at the top of your head. 
Use the hair tie to secure your hair however you would like it.  I prefer a sloppy half pulled through look.  Be sure that the pony tail feels tight at the base- it should feel loose towards the top.  Gently pull the hair around the crown of your head to make the bubble of hair bigger. 
Finish off with a good amount of hairspray and use random bobby pins to hold any strands of hair in place that decide to escape from your pony tail.  Three minutes, and your done!



Always Fabulous,

5 comments:

  1. that is SO cute!! I need to get a cute headband. Where do you get yours? I almost bought one at target the other night, but really do you pay $7 for a headband?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I like your hair color/highlighting btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- they are expensive! That is why I only buy them if I love them. Also- if you can get to one of those mall accessories stores sometime they usually have them buy one get one half, so that helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this. I've been trying to get my hair to look like yours since I saw your hair up with that cute headband two months ago. I'm going to try it again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete