Friday, May 20, 2011

I can't believe it's been so long!

Shortly after I published my last post, I threw my back out.  Meaning, I couldn't walk for several days and was in such intense pain I would rather go through labor and delivery again. But, the good news is my back is slowly getting back to normal and I am feeling better.  So, on to more exciting matters...

We have decided to sell my truck.  Unfortunately, I will soon become a minivan mom.  I have nothing against minivan moms.  My biggest beef with it is that it is seriously hard to feel cool driving a minivan.  I've had mixed feelings about this all along.  We've kind of toyed with the idea off and on.  I've had meltdowns, I've stomped my foot and outright said NO!  But the truth is, we haven't been able to make much progress in a while on our debt because business has been slow.  We're paying our bills and things are going fine, but there has been no extra for the debt snowball.  Isn't it ironic?  We've gotten really serious about paying off debt, and were making really good progress for a few months and then all of a sudden the well dried up.  Add in all of those car repairs we had to deal with last month and it's been a downright crappy spring, finance wise.  So, here we are.  We will be either trading in or selling outright my truck and taking the equity and buying a used minivan with cash. Why a minivan?  We have three kids.  They have friends.  If we ever want to go anywhere as a family again and possibly haul an extra kid or two, it's either keep the truck or get into a minivan.  I am hoping that once I get into that minivan, knowing that it's completely paid for and by my driving it we have eliminated our largest debt, I will drive it proudly.  I think it's gonna be more like I endure driving it until we can purchase another SUV with cash.  That will be, of course, after we are completely debt free, have six months of expenses in an emergency fund and can pay cash for it.  It's going to be a while.  I'll live.  Maybe.

my expedition- more like my 4th child

So, if you are in the market for a 2007 Ford Expedition with about 87,000 miles on it that has been well loved and makes you feel really cool when you drive it, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment