Tuesday, May 3, 2011

*SIGH*

Right this minute, my husband is sitting at a Burger King in a town about an hour and a half away.  Why?  He is waiting for his van to be repaired.  It broke down today and of course, it's not a cheap fix.  Know how much a new fuel pump will set you back?  About $750.  Just what I wanted to spend that kind of money on today.  I feel so BROKE right now.  I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.  You know, this recent rash car repair emergencies (up to $3700 in the last month now) wouldn't feel like such emergencies if we had a nest egg to pay for them.  Sure, we've managed to either cash flow or use our tiny emergency fund for all of them so far, but there is literally just $1,000 between us and going back to the credit cards again.  I don't want to do that.  It pains me to think about it. 

Add all of that to the fact that we need a new water heater, my car needs brakes, the septic needs pumped, the kids all need new clothes and the baby is running out of diapers and I am feeling like a total HAM.  Hot a$$ Mess.  You know why I'm in this position?  Because I put myself here.  I take personal responsibility and total credit.  My husband and I were out chasing the American dream.  With a Visa.  Bad choice.  We know better now.  If we can't pay cash, we don't get it.

In the next year to 18 months I plan to be debt free.  I plan to owe nothing to no one.  I will never have another credit card.  I will never finance anything again.  I am done being a slave to my poor decisions.  Watch out, AMEX I just got angry.   

Always Fabulous,

No comments:

Post a Comment